Saturday, January 07, 2006

Snow Vacation

Everyone has a different definition of what would be a great vacation.

For some people, it's staying home and getting all those projects done around the house. For other, it's a wild weekend is Las Vegas, a cruise, laying on the beach, hiking in the mountains, or enjoying cultural events.


For Astroprof, however, it's all about the snow. And I think he went to one of the few places in the U.S. that has LOTS of snow. Here are a couple of photos from his recent winter vacation:

The first photo, taken at Snow Mountain Ranch in Colorado, shows lots of snow and some sleighs. Astroprof said they took a ride and roasted marshmallows around a camp fire. Sounds very romantic to me!

Now, this second photo still amazes me -- and I've been looking at it for awhile. It shows Astroprof at the Continental Divide at Berthoud Pass (Colorado). It's over two miles high, 15 degrees (Fahrenheit), and windy. Just looking at how bundled up he is makes me cold! A little geography reminder for those who may have forgotten: The continental divide marks the place where water flows either into the Pacific Ocean or the Atlantic Ocean, depending on which side of the divide you are on.

Thanks for sharing your vacation photos. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Back to work now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there.. your rambligs are nice.. check out my blog and subscribe to it if you're interested. How do I subscribe to your blog ? ive heard of blogrolling . Trying to figure out how to use it :/

cheers

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity... how much did you get from google adsense ? Do they pay you for real ? How do I generate revenue from my blog?