Sunday, October 02, 2005

Drinks anyone?

Every city has one. A restaurant that everyone knows has the strongest drinks in town. The place where one drink makes you giddy, and after two you can barely walk out the door. The place where the officer believes you when you say that you’ve only had two drinks. The place where we went for dinner tonight.

Mr. Amazingly Gorgeous and I had drinks and dinner at this place, and I finally, yes FINALLY, got to meet a few of his friends and their wives and/or girlfriends. I’m not sure where I fit in with all these people, but you know, after two drinks it just doesn’t matter.

I wisely decided to make no phone calls to friends back home (drunk dialing is so unattractive), and was fairly quiet throughout the evening. But, as Scarlett O’Hara said, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: