Just a re-cap of some of my personal travel highlights of 2005:
New places that I went to this year:
- New Hamphire - It was just a quick drive over the state line, and a brief little tour, but it counts.
- Vermont - It was summertime, so maybe my next visit will be to see the fall colors.
Favorite places that I re-visited this year:
- Palm Springs, California
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Boston, Massachusetts
Best hotels that I've stayed in this year (none of which were layover hotels):
- Madison Hotel (Washington D.C.) - Great rooms and service. It was nice to sit on the balcony with a bottle of wine and enjoy a crisp fall night.
- Peninsula Hotel (NYC) - Impressive architecture, fun rooftop bar, and a clientele perfect for people-watching.
- Mandarin Oriental (NYC) - Lovely spa, decadent pampering.
- St. Regis (NYC) - One of the best Bloody Mary's that I've ever had in my entire life was at their bar.