Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

Today is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and reputed to be the biggest shopping day of the year.  There is even an "official website" for Black Friday, where you can receive the latest information about sales and rebates in your area.
 
Now, I like shopping as much as the next flight attendant, which is probably more than the average person, but I'm not sure one day of shopping deserves its own website.
 
Nonetheless, I am venturing out to do a little shopping today.  We're not leaving early, having already slept in and had a lazy morning cup of coffee, but we're ready to head out soon. 
 
My shopping list isn't long, having chosen fiscal responsibility at Christmas time many, many years ago.  I've been cultivating an idea list all year long, so now it's a matter of actually making purchases and checking things off the list.  For many people that's the worst part, but for the shopaholics in us -- it's nirvana.
 
Of course, I delight in the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday as well:  The arrival of Santa Claus, the decorated windows.  The smell of pine, roasting chestnuts, coffee.  The carols playing, musicians and singers performing on the street corners. 
 
Yes, it's the beginning of the holiday season, and my holiday spirit.
 
 
Technorati Tags : ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year. I love it.

Anonymous said...

oooh, shopping! have fun. you sound smart, at least you have a list. some people go nuts and just buy whatever. =)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget my gift!

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh, Yu Hu... You know what this means, dear...

Don't let anyone catch you wearing your X-mas pin, lest you be called a *gasp* FOOT WASHING CHRISTIAN FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays and Shopping!

Anonymous said...

LOL...TT mentioned some people who go nuts and just buy whatever...um, yeah, that's me! :) I did pretty good this year though. However, we still have the day after Christmas for some big splurges and oh, how convienent, I won't be flying that day! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Roasting chestnuts? That's something we don't smell very often down here in these here parts ;)