Friday, March 10, 2006

Art is All Around Us

On a recent layover in Los Angeles, I had an opportunity to visit the Getty Museum. It wasn't my first visit to the museum, but it was my first in a quite some time. Returning for a visit reminded me how much I have always enjoyed the place.

The Museum is laid out with buildings surrounding by beautiful grounds. It is as peaceful sitting outside for a bit of fresh air (or lunch) as it is strolling through the various exhibits. And it's free! The current exhibit is a Degas.

After viewing so much great art, I came across this little quiz: Which artist would paint your portrait? I'm not a big Dali fan, but perhaps I should check him out a little more thoroughly.

Who should paint your portrait?







Who Should Paint You: Salvador Dali



You're a complex, intense creature who displays many layers.

There's no way a traditional portrait could ever capture you!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a Degas collection in Washington DC including the famous L'Absinthe. He did good work..

Fly Girl said...

I have always enjoyed Degas as well. His ballerinas were always so graceful and beautiful.