Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Travel Size

I keep a full set of toiletries packed in my suitcase at all times. This toiletry kit only comes out of my bag when I need to replenish supplies, and since I pack full size containers of virtually everything, this isn’t very often.

A good friend swears by a company called “Minimus” (www.minimus.biz) for locating individual sizes of almost everything. I tried packing the miniature or travel size items for about a year. For the occasional traveler, I think these smaller sizes are wonderful, but I was forever running out and forgetting to refill or repack my toiletry bag. The smaller size are handy, but I probably won’t make the switch for working. For pleasure travel, however, t’s all about packing light, and I'm always envious that her bag weighs so much less than mine.

No comments: