Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Chink in his Armor

Today is the third time that Mr. Amazingly Gorgeous has had to reschedule meeting for drinks.  AHA!  This may be the chink in his armor.

Every time he has had to reschedule it seems like it has been for a legitimately important work-related reason.  He always calls, is apologetic, tells me how disappointed he is, thanks me for being so understanding, and sets up a future date.

But enough is enough!  No one is THAT important!  And after awhile, I can no longer be THAT understanding.  I don’t need to be front and center in anyone’s life all the time, but I also don’t want to waste time with someone who won’t make me a priority once in awhile.  

Simply put:  I’m not willing to make anyone a priority in my life who only views me as an option.

No comments: