Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Boston College


On a recent layover in Boston, I managed to escape the violence of a thunderstorm by hanging out at Boston College. What a beautiful campus – even in a downpour.

Since I wasn’t familiar with the campus, I had to rely on the kindness of students in pointing me in the direction of the library, bookstore, and computer center. They sure are making college guys a lot cuter and more interesting than when I was that age. Who knew that 20 year olds could look so hot. It’s almost enough to make me want to go back to school. I wonder if they'll notice that I'm old enough to be their. . . older sister.

When the rain stopped, I ventured out for a look at the remainder of the grounds, and then headed back downtown for cocktails and dinner. While walking along the Commons, I saw a young woman walking a dog. She immediately caught my eye. OK, it was the dog that caught my eye – an Italian greyhound named Valentina. I spoke with the young woman and learned about owning this breed and how they differ from their full-sized relatives.

What a doll! Valentina, that is.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather disputable.