Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Smoke-Free Westin Hotels

I'm a little late posting about this (I've been busy flying), but Westin Hotels has announced that they are now a smoke-free property. 

Requesting a no-smoking room will be a thing of the past, as all the rooms are being cleaned to eliminate all vestiges of odors, and the entire property will be designated non-smoking.  For those who can't help but light up, there will be a cleaning charge designed to cover the costs of indepth cleaning and smoke elimination.

It is miserable to walk into my layover hotel and have to deal with the odor of smoke.  I have actually had to leave my uniform airing out on the balcony in order to get rid of the smell.  Although we are supposed to be in non-smoking rooms, it doesn't always work that way.

Westin joins an ever growing list of hotel and resorts that are smoke-free, but I believe it is the largest hotel chain on the list. As a non-smoker, I can only hope that other hotels follow Westin's lead.  Smoke free and Heavenly Beds -- what more could I possibly want?

Technorati Tags : , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see hotels beginning to go smoke free. I hope the same's happening to restaraunts.

Cheers to no more smoke odor on clothes!

Anonymous said...

An entirely smoke-free hotel would be nice. Smoke-free rooms don't always seem to be smoke-free. I don't sleep well in rooms that smell of smoke, or with linens that smell of smoke.